Definition of a small Luxury Hotel
The word "luxury" has been degraded by overuse. But a “Small luxury hotel" has to deliver on that claim, because high-paying guests have a right to expect high standards. They expect excellence in service, in rooms, in dining, and in everything else a good small luxury hotel offers.
There are no set standards for “small luxury hotels," and even 3 star hotels with over 100 rooms generally describe themselves as “luxury small hotel."
As far as I am concerned the Small luxury hotel "must" list below must tick majority of all the boxes . See if you agree with me about the things that travellers have every right to expect from a Small luxury hotel.
A Small Luxury Hotel is considered a hotel which provides a luxurious accommodation experience to the guests. There are no set standards (such as stars) for Small luxury hotels...
Here is a selection of characteristics a small luxury hotel should feature:
• Allow an easy, simple and intelligent planning and booking process
• Fast, easy, discreet Checkin & Checkout
• The room offered is exactly what a guest wanted (in terms of category, classification, physical location in the hotel, bed size…)
• Amazing service: Guests should get the feeling that they are known and valued. Your staff should know them by name, be friendly (smiling!) and respectful. Housekeeping and gardeners should be quiet and not interfere with a guest's enjoyment of the property, maintenance personnel should appear at guests room within minutes etc.
• Outstanding hotel dining: great breakfast (quality and quantity wise), 2 room service even if it is not 24 hours but until late evening.
• Guest activities and amenities: spa treatments, pool, gym, laundry service, a concierge who knows all local attractions and can recommend and book the best restaurants and excursions...
• Uber chic designer interiors,
• Luxury room features: High-quality furnishings, attention to detail, robes and slippers, adequate storage, hangers, desk, reading chair, safe, good-size flatscreen TV, iPhone/iPod dock, coffee maker, full-length mirror, effective heating/AC system...And of course a King bed with a good mattress, highquality sheets and a variety of pillow types (or a pillow menu)!
• Luxury bathrooms: good water pressure, luxury toiletries, plenty of fluffy, high-quality towels, makeup mirror that lights,